L-R: St Moriz Instant Self-tanning Mist £3, Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan £6, Sally Hansen Airbush Tan £10, Simple Replenishing Moisturiser £4, Neutrogena Oil-free Facial Wash £4.50, Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzing Powder £5.50, Soap & Glory Righteous Butter £2.50, Clarins Daily Energizer Cream £21*
As a self-proclaimed beauty junkie, I tend to go through products like there’s no tomorrow. Here are just some of the products I’ve used up over the past couple of months:
1. St Moriz Instant Self-tanning Mist- Ahh St Moriz, yep it’s the high-street sister of St Tropez. Considering this is a dupe, I’d say it’s just as good as the high-end. I normally use the mousse version, but discovered that I much prefer the spray. I apply it to a mitt and then tan away. It’s instant and streak-free. The colour also lasts a few days, simply fading after each wash. This saves reapplying, unless you want a darker tan, but I find that it lasts at least 5 days before I have to apply more. A downside is that it can give a ‘dirty’ effect if you apply too much and can turn patchy after a couple of days – so moisturising is essential!
2. Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Wash Off Tan- You really can’t go wrong with this tan, it’s one of those products that I always find myself going back to. It really does everything it says on the bottle – easy to apply (remember to use a mitt!) and easy to wash off. I used the matte version but there’s also a shimmer one which contains tiny flecks of gold. The colour can look a bit daunting when you first squeeze it out, but don’t be perturbed because it evens out nicely once you begin to apply!
3. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Instant Tan- I actually adore this tan. It provides your skin with a flawless finish and is also effective at concealing scars or blemishes. I do find that it’s slightly stiffer to blend than the other tans so I use extra moisturiser beforehand. It’s water resistant too, but easily washes off after a gentle exfoliation.
4. Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser- I’ve been using this moisturiser before my primer and foundation. I prefer a slightly thick moisturiser, but there’s also a ‘light’ version of this too. I don’t think I can fault this product. I love how it doesn’t make your foundation look greasy or oily and it drys quickly on to the skin without feeling ‘sticky’.
5. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-free Facial Wash- I’ve never really tried many Neutrogena products before, but there was a period when I suffered from an oily T-zone so I picked up this product on a whim. Although I would say that it leaves my skin looking less oily, I’m not a big fan of the texture, it’s sort of like a gel. I find that it doesn’t really produce a lather and slides off the wet skin. I have to rub it together in my hands first to produce any soap!
6. Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzing Compact Powder- Another product from Rimmel’s Sunshimmer range. I really like this bronzer, it gives the skin a nice glow without looking cakey. I used the matte version, but like the tan, this also comes in a shimmer effect. I’d recommend this if you don’t fancy splurging on a high-end bronzer. Overall, it’s a great drugstore product.
7. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter- I love Soap & Glory products. One of my favourites has got to be the Righteous Butter. The one I used is the mini version so that it’s easier to pop in to my handbag, but I’m definitely going to get the bigger tub next. It smells absolutely delicious and makes your skin super soft. The consistency is nice and rich too to provide your skin with that extra fresh and healthy feel.
8. Clarins Daily Energizer Cream- I received this moisturiser along with two other products from the Daily Energizer range and it was the first time I’d ever used anything from the Clarins brand. The range is recommended for use in the morning to give a sort of ‘wake me up’ feel. I really enjoyed using this cream – it’s highly moisturising, thick and has a really pleasant, fresh smell. It also brightens your skin – useful for those ‘panda-eye’ mornings to keep the pesky dark circles at bay!
Post to you soon xoxo