Cardigan – New Look Dress – Asos Boots – New Look Bag – Zara Necklace – Amsterdam Hair bow – Topshop
Another autumnal outfit post from my weekend in London! Fluffy knits are perfect for this time of year and so I picked up this cosy cardigan from the New Look teens range. Despite being 21 years of age I found that the size 14-15yrs was similar to a standard UK 8. I know that this is going to be my go-to piece over the next few weeks. I defy anyone to pick it up and not fall in love with its softness. I teamed it with my tie-dye cold shoulder dress from Asos (which I’ve pretty much been living in lately), my beaut New Look ankle boots and my trusty Zara city bag. To add a cute finishing touch, I picked up this red velvet hair bow in Topshop and just had to have it! Isn’t it the sweetest?!
Jumper – Asos Skirt – Asos Bag – Zara Necklace – Primark Boots – New Look
This weekend I visited London and decided to wear this outfit on a visit to Westfields shopping centre. As much as I hate being cold, my most favourite thing about autumn is the fashion: ankle boots, cosy knits, and monochromic goodness. Ahh. I went on a little Asos spree last week in a bid to stock up on autumn-appropriate clothes (despite a guilty sunglasses purchase) and this grey marl jumper and checkered skirt made the cut. I just love how perfect they look paired together. There’s nothing better than throwing on a simple, comfy outfit. I decided to vamp it up a little with a spiky necklace and my recently purchased New Look ankle boots. Aren’t they divine?
With autumn in full swing and the rails being stocked with new season lines, it’s no surprise that I’ve been lusting after so many fashion and beauty products. Tartan, monochrome and leather are my current favourite autumnal trends, so I compiled a list that was just too pretty to keep to myself…
1. Green tartan skirt (New Look) – I need to add this skirt to my wardrobe. With a pair of black tights and ankle boots it’s the perfect autumn piece!
2. Leather sling back ankle boot (Zara) – I know they’re not the cosiest looking boots, but I do love a good pair of cut out booties and this pair from Zara are so beaut. I’d most likely wear them with some chunky knit socks because nobody likes having cold toes!
3. YSL chromatics eye palette in number 13 – As the weather changes, I like to switch up my makeup. This season I’ve been trying to incorporate more colours into my standard go-to brown and gold shades. Plum is perfect for autumn and I can’t seem to go without a slick of plum/purple toned lipstick, but when it comes to eyeshadows, this is the shade I seem to be lacking. I rate YSL cosmetics so highly, in that their products are consistently of such rich quality. I must try this eye palette. Isn’t it divine?!
4. Pieces pianna black stud backpack (Asos) – I’m normally a handbag kinda’ girl, but for some reason I have been gravitating towards the backpack trend. I love the leather and stud combo of this backpack. Grunge-chic needs to be added to the dictionary.
5. House of Holland polka dot it nails – Monochrome and nail art? Yes, please. I’ve recently reverted back to my acrylics, but these funky talons are going to be my next investment.
Top – Asos Trousers – Dorothy Perkins Shoes – New Look*
When I heard that Vogue was bringing its Fashion Night Out to the streets of Manchester, my plans for Thursday evening changed from non-existent to exciting in the space of a few seconds. With the city being home to an extensive array of fashion boutiques and shopping districts, the location to host the FNO was perfect. Stores, streets and bars were transformed into a party atmosphere for one night only, with an endless flow of cocktails and champagne, complimentary makeovers and manicures, popcorn and candy floss stalls, and special guest DJs, Jameela Jamil and Eliza Dolittle mixing it up on the decks. Catwalk shows, competitions and giveaways were also taking place throughout the evening and street style snappers were on hand to catch the most fashion-worthy shoppers.
Overall, the night provided a hearty concoction of style, fun and glamour. Pretty extraordinary for a Thursday night out!
I’m slowly beginning to build up my autumn wardrobe, so I thought I’d start off with some Asos and New Look additions (clutch bags and heels are autumn appropriate, right?!). I’ve been lusting after a holographic clutch for so long now and finally caved after I was kindly gifted some New Look vouchers. As you can tell, my cute little purchase doesn’t take well to camera flashes so the photo really doesn’t do it justice, but nevertheless I love it.
My stash of chunky platform heels has been pushed to the back of my wardrobe ever since I became acquainted with strappy midi heels. I can’t wait to give these leather effect croc print ones their very first outing! I think they match perfectly with my monochrome Asos top. An autumn wardrobe just isn’t complete without a bit of leather!
(Note to self: taking blog photos at night dramatically reduces picture quality).
I’d love to hear about what you’ve all been buying this season 🙂